2 March 2016

PomPomNails


If you follow me on Instagram you might have seen this design before. I was eagerly snapping pictures of the finished look and decided to share a little.


St.Patrick's day is around the corner and some of us are already trying to find the perfect green for our nails. I thought I would help out a little and show you a bit of nail art that would be Perfect for St.Patrick's Day. After all, I live in Northern Ireland, so I should know, right?

Grab your tea, a green polish and some green pompoms.

I purchased a bag of 140 pompoms at Poundland for 1£ so this is a nail art that won't break the bank.
Loads of fun for the whole family, and if you have some left over, you can sew them on your T-shirt and voila you got your costume and nails ready for the big day.

I started out with 1 coat of Barry M - Cardamom. I wanted a green that is close the the clovers I can find outside, and this one seems to be a perfect match.
Once your nails are completely dry apply topcoat like normal and have some tea while they dry completely.
For this nail art it is very important that the nails are dry because the next step is to glue on the pompoms.
Take your pompoms out of the bag and roll them lightly between your palms to get them to fluff up.
Apply some nail glue to the base of your nail just above your cuticle and place the pompoms over and told while the glue dries before moving on to the next one.
Depending on your nail length, you can apply the pompoms to the middle of your nail bed, if you have longer nails the nail polish will still show, and the pompoms will have more to adhere to.


PomPomNails using PomPoms and Barry M - Cardamom

Finish your tea and rock some St.Patrick's Nails. Swap with a yellow or white polish and yellow pompoms for an Easter Nail Art look.
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

20 comments:

  1. These are so cute. I could rock this look if I was going to a st paddy's day party or something :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it would definitely be for something special.

      Delete
  2. These are so cute! Perfect party nails when you only wear them for a short time. I love it when people experiment with different types of nail art :) Nail art doesn't always need to be serious it can be fun too and these sure are fun! Love them :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Way out of my comfort zone this one, so great to have so much feedback on it :D

      Delete
  3. I'm totally recreating this for Easter with yellow! I only hope I can find the pompoms because I don't think I've ever seen them in stores. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally do that. If you can't find them, let me know and I am more than happy to mail them to you. :P

      Delete
  4. I'd do this with smaller pompoms, maybe if one of my kids had an athletic event or to complement a costume.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute like little Irish fluff balls on your nails :D loving it! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tots! Irish Fluff Balls. I should call this design that in the future. *giggles*

      Delete
  6. Hahaha I love it, very clever!I think I would get distracted and probably rub my face a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed very distracting wearing this.

      Delete
  7. :D
    Omg! This is amazingly adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't understand the pom-pom thing. Not my cup of tea, but that Barry M looks like it is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it. I really should do a proper swatch of it to show it off. :)

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.