2 December 2015

Something Green


I received this product of my own choosing, free of charge for my honest, non-bias review from the Born Pretty Store.

I promised you girls greens, and Christmas is all about bringing home something green. So today my nails are Christmas Green. Today's product reminds me of the European Silver Fir (Abies Alba), so since I can't go to Norway this year for Christmas like I normally do, I am bringing some of Norway to my nails.

The product I am talking about is this loose glitter from BornPrettyStore in #1209

First I applied my peel-off base coat, then a generous amount of clear polish, and used a funnel to add the powder to my nails, and dabbed with my finger to make it stick better.

The texture of this product falls more on the flocking powder side of things, than glitter. If you are unfamiliar with flocking powder you might recognize it as "crushed velvet" instead. Same thing, just different name, and different target group. While flocking powder is being sold for Miniature War Gamers, "crushed velvet" was sold to nail art geeks like us.
This feels like a more milled version of flocking powder to me. The glitter is very fine.

This means that it doesn't take much for the product to end up everywhere, and the smallest breath or wind will take it away, so turn of your fan when doing your nails.

That being said, I really like how it looks on my nails, and gave me a strange sensation when I stroke my fingers over it.

Green Matte Powder for Nail Art Decoration from BornPrettyStore #1209

Wouldn't it be totally cool to do a Christmas Tree using this powder as an accent?!


1Box 10ml Green Dazzling Shiny Glitter Powder Super Matte Powder Nail Art Decorations
At the time of writing this product is currently on sale for $1.99 and for a 10ml box that is as cheap as it gets. BornPrettyStore gives free worldwideshipping, and if you are picking up this, or other products from there, feel free to use my code RAMG10 for 10% off all full priced items. 





For more Christmas themed nails, check out my other designs over here. 

I received this product of my own choosing, free of charge for my honest, non-bias review from the Born Pretty Store.
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

2 comments:

  1. I love the way that looks. And yes, it would make a great tree! I love any textured stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So I did follow up on that and got my hands on a brown flocking powder, so there will be a Christmas Tree this year.

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.