21 September 2015

Holographic whiteout


I recently got a pop-up lightbox, but haven't set up my lightbox stuff yet, as I am still waiting to get the light sorted. Still daylight enough around these parts to get some decent shots.
So I decided on giving a holo polish a go.

I had gotten my hands on a Nfu-Oh polish. Nfu-Oh-065 actually.
Sky blue holo.

I found it to be streaky, and not at all too my liking. I think I have been spoiled with great A England holographic polishes. Too bad they don't got a sky blue, but they do have a  cerulean blue (sorta the same, right?) so I might need to get that. 

Despite the application hiccups and the 4 coats (still showing bald spots darn it)...
I think it looks good. 

I even did some stamping over it, but as I used white, it was completely washed out by the holo-ness. 
I used the Bundlemonster - Polynesia - BM - XL109, a bird and palm image.
If you want to see my review of the plate, check out this post. 

I have been wanting to get my hands on Nfu-Oh polishes for awhile, as I LOVE the bottles, but the experience was not all that awesome.


Nfu-Oh - 065


I suppose this is not really an indie polish, so you will have to excuse me there. There will be plenty of indie polishes on it's way.
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

4 comments:

  1. What a pretty colour, but sucks when the formula is crap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a base you can buy that supposedly makes it easier--I don't bother with that. My advice is several VERY fast coats--going over the same spot is death as you found out. Honestly, I've found other silver holos I like just as well, and now I use this one for stamping--it's such an awesome stamper. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have heard of this Aqua base, Nfu.Oh sells it for waaay more than I am willing to pay for a base just to make one polish look better.

      I will attempt to stamp with it then.

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.