26 April 2014

Decorating my Helmer


Hey everyone.
I have been dying to do something with my Helmer. It's a boring grey colour, and it's just sitting there, asking to be as pretty as what it's holding. My nail polish collection. It was about time it got a makeover.

My very messy desk before the makeover.


I have been wondering what to do with it for a long time. First I was thinking about getting a primer and some paint, and just paint it. Maybe change the handles, or something.
I was out in town just snooping around and I came across this amazing craft store. Its run by a young girl (and I mean really young) and what I suspect to be her mum. They mainly do card-making and scrap-booking. So you can imagine the selection in papers.
I had no idea! Being a secretary I know my stuff when it comes to paper for printing, and business cards, but this was just beyond what I had expected.
I must have spent a good hour in there trying to find something to decorate my Helmer with.

I ended up with two different sheets of paper. One with a green design and one with a deep pink design.
120 gsm. The pack came with 5 sheets of each design, and ended up at £ 1.47.
Each sheet was enough for two drawers. I used PVA glue and a large brush, and just stuck the sheet on the drawer and used a sharp knife to go around the edges to make sure it fit perfectly to each drawer. This saved me from having to do loads of measurements, and I don't have a ruler.






I really love how this turned out, and by how easy it was to do. If I want to change this at any point, i just need to remove the paper, and start over again. So I could change it to a winter motive, for Christmas, etc.
What do you think? Do you like it, and have you done something similar to your Helmer? Let me know in the comments below.

What my nail place looks like now



I love candles, and when I found this dusky lilac candle-holder I had to have it. I really like the low mirror, it allows me to see, from more angles, how my nails are looking while working on them. In the center there, you can see my stamper and scrapers all gathered up, I am working on a comparison post/video.
Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.