22 July 2013

About creativity and me.


I'm a creative person.

Drawing
When I draw with a pencil, my problem is often that I get too focused about details. Things I want to show in my drawing, and there is just no possible way of drawing all the details in a wooden plank, when its merely a cm on my canvas. It's like I have a zoom function on my vision sometimes. It's where my "hyper-focus" kicks in. With "hyper-focus" I mean to be so focused about one thing/one aspect not being able to be distracted / talked to.
So I get discouraged to draw, and fall out of practice. So whenever I decided to pick it up again, I have to re-learn how to work with shades, how to draw. I drag around a notebook with clear pages and a pencil with me most of the time, in case the spirit comes over me, and I need to draw something.

Writing
I love to write, when I was younger it was poems, and essays, and now I mostly write on various blogs and write roleplaying games. I have this game I have been working on for a while, which is starting to look "finished" I have showed it to some of my friends, and we are going to playtest it soon. Looking forward to it. Now and then, I still sit down and write poems.

Painting
I like painting with oil paints, but haven't done that for ages. Back in my early teens I used to paint all the time, and would sit for hours and hours painting. Forgetting about eating and just paint. Pouring my hearts content out on the canvas. I just can't keep the focus to do anything for too long. and after a while I started doing something else. I think I picked up sowing, or candlemaking... or even soap making... I am sure it was something.

I constantly distract myself with new things. This blog has been a fantastic journey for me. When I started out doing nail art, and finally make a blog and all that, I thought it was going to be one of those things. Something I did for a short period, and then got distracted with something else. It's been a year and I am still as eager to do nail art as I was in the beginning. the thing is...

As a few of you might know already, is that I got ADHD. I never do anything by half. To me, it's mostly a blessing. It makes me, me. I don't take any meds for it, cause I am comfortable with who I am without. Some people needs it, others don't. I happen to be one of those. I have my tricks as to how to manage my life around, and with my condition.
People with ADHD often feel things a lot stronger than others, so for me that means I am more prone to severe depressions, falling in love with every soul out there, and thinking of every person I know the name of, as my best friend.

Nail Art
Nail art has so many aspects. You can do swatches of polish, nail art with acrylic paint, water colours, or nail polish, then you got all the different kinds of decorations, beads, rhinestones glitters. There are striping tape and stamping plates, tens of different brushes to use. Let's not even go into the whole "nail routine" thing, shaping, files, oils and the choosing of the right base coat for your nails. Endless of options to choose from. I love this. There is so many topics to learn about, and there always appear new ones. When you have learned about all that, you got the photographing, and the writing, and coding of your blog etc. endless of possibilities at your fingertips.  Always a challenge for me to test my skills on, to learn more about.
Then you got the nail polish groups, they got art-challenges, or copy someone else manicure days, and they in themselves are challenging. It keeps me coming back for more and more.

Crafting
But this post wasn't really going to be all about me, it was to be about creativity. For I have something to show you all. I have been crafty, and wanted to show it to you. I used nail polish, which is why this is totally relevant for this blog.








I used 12 mm glass cabuchans that I got from Ebay, and painted them with different polishes.


I have also purchased an acrylic paint set complete with art brushes, so that I can do more nail art in the time to come. I am really looking forward to use this set. I had some liner brushes before from a set I bought from Bundlemonster with 4 different thickness to them, which is really nice. I'm not sure how this liner brush compares to the ones from the Bundlemonster set. If you are interested in a comparison post, let me know in the comments below.




Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know you had ADHD! And I didn't know you had so many creative outlets. Loved reading about them and seeing your awesome rings. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanko! I wasn't sure about doing this post, but it felt kind of natural to do it now. I am reaching my 300 th post with storm. :)
      Now it's out there. This girl has ADHD

      Delete
  2. Interesting to read about your creativity! I can also forget about other things when I paint or do my nails. I don't know if "hyper-focus" is the same as "flow". But I guess one has to take brakes for it to be positive. Sorry to hear that you have ADHD. Love your rings! After reading this I see how many aspects nail art really has :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Hyper-focus" is very different from "flow" Flow is when everything is working, you are doing what you need to do. While as "hyper-focus" is when you do everything down to a detail, can't remove yourself from the situation/focus, and often Over-do something.
      "flow" is being effective, "hyper-focus" is often ineffective cause you aren't open to inputs.

      Delete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.