20 October 2012

Depression Awareness Nail Art


Greetings Girls.

Today I want to share with you a manicure I did for Depression Awareness. Usually one would see a Depression Awareness mani, with green in it, cause the Awareness logo is green.

To me, green represents Envy, and there is nothing to Envy when you're Depressed.

It's taken me a while do actually post this. First of all, cause it's very personal, and I wanted to make sure I didn't share too much. I suffer from Depression. I have for a very long time. I don't think I can remember a time where I wasn't. We all have our good and bad days. The last few years I have been luck to have fewer bad days. I don't take any medications for it, seeing my mom eat her pills like candy, kinda put me of. It's a choice I made. There is no right or wrong with Depression.

A few years ago, my mom was at a rehabilitating center, she would paint. Day out and day in. One of the pictures she made was beautiful. We sat in front of it for hours. She would tell me about all the colors she used, and why. That it was her depression, she had painted.
That's why I have chosen to recreate it, in a manicure.





For this manicure I used:
NYX - Matte Baby Pink
Beauty UK - Bon Bon
ESSIE - Aruba Blue
WnW - Tropicalia
Claire's - 152
Savina - Royalty


Dina Ramse Training and Developement

Secretary, Hiking-entusiast, Gamer and Nail Art Addict.

3 comments:

  1. All I can say is "wow", what a touching post, the painting is very pretty, even though it represents depression, you did an awesome job recreating it for your mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie. It was very hard to do then mani, but I am very happy I managed to finish it. Made me very proud of myself. :)

      Delete
  2. This is an incredibly beautiful manicure. Thanks for sharing your story...your mother is very lucky to have a wonderful daughter like you, and I'm sure she knows it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what is on your mind, I always reply to comments and love it when you take the time to leave me one.